And Baby Makes Four.......

My name is Lauren and my wife's name is Melissa. We have an 8 year-old daughter Brianna and one on the way. Yes I'm pregnant!! This page is mostly to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy and then birth and life of the new baby but if there are any others that happen to stumble across this, WELCOME!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Monday (6/25/07) Update

As I said in my previous post.... because of my (slightly) elevated blood pressure I was asked to come in prior to my weekly scheduled appointment. This time Brianna was in tow... I met with Patty the nurse who just thought our breastfeeding class. Unfortunately my blood pressure was 134/84.... :( So she quickly decided to preform a non-stress test to see how Jamesen was doing. One look and she could quickly tell that Jamesen was more than fine! She took my BP again while I was lying down and it dropped to 108/70. This is good news and bad news.... Denise the midwife came in and told me that because my BP reacted so well to me lying down..... I was to do just that.... lay on my left side and do NOTHING else! Oh my god! My first day off and now I can't do anything! I guess it's not that bad....

I did end up taking Brianna to the mall to get her build a bear and out to lunch... I promised and she was being SOOOO good.. but I promised myself that that would be all. Well almost... We met with Kimberly, one of the babysitters that we found on-line. She is almost too good to be true!! She is possibly one of the nicest people I've ever met! Her husband was also VERY nice!! Her 2.5 year-old daughter was awake and she is just the cutest little girl ever! She also has a 1.5 year old (who was sleeping) and is 6 mos. pregnant!! That was the only thing I was concerned about but she seems so confident that she will not be stressed or overwhelmed! She seemed like a great mom and just a great person in general!

The Stats:

Weight: +0 (I couldn't believe I didn't gain any weight in 4 days)
BP: 134/84 (sitting) 108/70 (lying)
Non-Stress Test: Perfect
Glucose in Urine: negative
Protein in Urine: negative
Group B Strep: NEGATIVE!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home