And Baby Makes Four.......

My name is Lauren and my wife's name is Melissa. We have an 8 year-old daughter Brianna and one on the way. Yes I'm pregnant!! This page is mostly to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy and then birth and life of the new baby but if there are any others that happen to stumble across this, WELCOME!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Progress!!!

At 7:00 PM yesterday (7/9/07) I was helping Melissa put the groceries away and felt two small gushes of fluid in my underwear..... I ran right to the bathroom and found clear liquid in my underwear.... It wasn't a lot at all... we tried to decide if I was leaking fluid or pee pee. Between 7:00 and about 9:00 I leaked more (much more) clear fluid and I was convinced that my water was leaking. I called the on call midwife and reported what was going on and she (Peggy) asked that we meet her at the Birth Center. We got there around 10:30 and she tested the fluid on my pad.... YUP! my water broke! My contractions were definitely getting a little crampier but all manageable to this point. She put me on the NST machine and drew blood. Everything looks great and Jamesen is ready to come. We are able to go home to labor and SLEEP! Oh and I took my prescribed Ambien about 1 hour before we were asked to come in to get checked.... that was fun!! When I got out of the seat it was soaked.... a little embarrassing but oh well.. we're getting this show on the road!

We had to drop off my blood to the stat lab at Bryn Mawr Hospital on the way home and in the meantime my contractions started to become a little more intense. They were coming about every 4-6 minutes and lasting about 1 minute. When we got home I took the other half of the Ambien and listened to my Hypnobabies CD. I woke up at 7:00 am (7/10/07) with crampy feelings but was soooooo happy that I got some sleep! I've been up for a couple of hours and the contractions have begun... nothing too bad but Melissa is staying home with me just in case they pick up quickly.

The Stats:

BP: 126/74
Baby Heartbeat: 140's
Temp: 98.4

1 Comments:

Blogger Truck Driver Wife said...

Oh my gosh. How exciting. I will send good vibes your way for a safe and healthy delivery for mommy and mommy and baby and big sister. I am so excited for all of you.

Come on Jameson!!

July 10, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home