And Baby Makes Four.......

My name is Lauren and my wife's name is Melissa. We have an 8 year-old daughter Brianna and one on the way. Yes I'm pregnant!! This page is mostly to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy and then birth and life of the new baby but if there are any others that happen to stumble across this, WELCOME!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Co-Sleeping Battle....

Hi everyone sorry I haven't updated in so long.... I am having an absolutely wonderful time home with Jamesen!! I can't believe we worked it out so I could stay home and just work a couple of nights a week! I'm posting a bulletin that I posted on my myspace page (yes I have a myspace page).... I don't know where it came from or why I felt the need to write this but I did and it is truly how I feel! I promise I'll try and update more regularly!!

So here it is... nothing too special just how I feel:

As most of you know I worked very hard to have a natural unmedicated birth because I knew that it was going to be the most important and wonderful experience in my life... I feel so lucky that I was able to achieve that for myself and for Jamesen!

I don't purposely aim to take the most different or difficult route in raising Jamesen I just do what feels natural to me... This is why we decided not to circumcise Jamesen... I couldn't imagine giving up my sweet little newborn to a nurse/doctor I barely know so they can chop off part of his penis.....

Don't get me wrong... I would never knock anyone for their beliefs or wishes just as I would expect people to understand my reasoning!! If you are at all interested in pros/cons of routine infantile circumcision there is a "friend" on my page called your newborn baby (or something like that) that has a plethora of information and even informational videos... I never saw these before we had Jamesen which just reinforces my point that I am just doing what feels "normal" and natural to me....

So the point of this post was actually about my co-sleeping... Melissa and I feel very comfortable with it at this point and wish that so many people would understand WHY we do it... So she found an article which I found pretty helpful in explaining all the good things associated with co-sleeping... I ask my family and friends to please just take a look at it.....

Again... I would never put someone down for their style of parenting and just want everyone to know where I'm coming from!!

ALL QUESTIONS and/or COMMENTS are welcomed!


Sorry you'll have to cut and past the link if you are interested in looking at it!

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T071000.asp

Love,
Lauren

3 Comments:

Blogger kiles1670 said...

Hi
Thanks for updating.
I think co sleeping can be indeed a great thing.
We had our 2nd child co sleep, it worked well :-)
I do believe no one should have to explain their parenting. I can tell you are both doing a fantastic job. well done :-)

February 29, 2008 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Married Lesbian Mom said...

Please update more hun!!!

Love you.

February 29, 2008 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Ninefirefly said...

Co sleeping is awesome. We totally plan on doing it. Rock on.

February 29, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home