And Baby Makes Four.......

My name is Lauren and my wife's name is Melissa. We have an 8 year-old daughter Brianna and one on the way. Yes I'm pregnant!! This page is mostly to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy and then birth and life of the new baby but if there are any others that happen to stumble across this, WELCOME!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tough to Swallow

At 12 am last night (7/11/07) I was starting to have contractions every 3 minutes. I got in the shower and waited until 2:30 am. We called the Birth Center's answering service several times over the course of 90 minutes. We were starting to get a little nervous so we then called Bryn Mawr Hospital. They called the Birth Center for us and said that the paging system had been down and no one knew it. Finally our midwife Holly called us back and told us to come in. When we got there I had to pee so bad! After I went to the bathroom Holly checked my cervix. I was 2 cm dilated, at 0 station and completely effaced. She told us she could not admit us unless I was 4 cm. She sent us home and told me to take Castor oil in the morning if labor does not progress. Holly gave me vistril to take to try and get some rest. My contractions seemed to stop as soon as I got to the Birth Center. They started up again on the way home.

When we got home Melissa and I tried to get some sleep. After the new midwife on call Denise called, she had Melissa wake me up and have me take the Castor oil. It is seriously the grossest thing I have ever had to ingest. That's where I am at right now. I am waiting for the Castor oil to take its effect and then we are heading back in to the Birth Center at 2 pm. We will talk with Denise about our options. If we don't progress by this evening it looks like we are headed for an induction by tomorrow morning. I really don't want that, but I want Jamesen and myself to come out of this happy and healthy.

Wish us luck!

BP: 115/80
Urine: (looks great) Negative
Dilation: 2 cm
Effacement: 100%
Station: 0
Temp.: 97.4
Baby's Heartbeat: Great!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck!!

July 11, 2007 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Truck Driver Wife said...

Good luck!!!

Come on Jamesen!

July 11, 2007 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck. Hopefully, you have a sweet baby boy in your arms right now!!

July 11, 2007 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about the arrival of Jamesen!!!

July 11, 2007 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home