Hey… decided to do a little update on the baby front! We’ve been working on Jamesen’s room this week… Well actually we are just buying things and Melissa’s dad and neighbor are doing the hard stuff. Beau (our painter/Melissa’s dad’s neighbor) came over and painted the room and ceiling the end of last week. He so smartly decided that because the molding in the room was already trashed from the previous owner of the house that he would go ahead and paint the trim the same damn color of the walls. Well… I was having an already overly emotionally day and flipped out on everyone. Melissa’s dad proceeded to take down all the molding and offer to replace the molding and closet doors in any color stain I liked.
So we went to Home Depot this weekend and picked out stain that will closely match the crib and dresser. I decided to take some pictures today to sort of document the making of Jamesen’s beautiful nursery. I wish I took a before picture of the color of the room. It was a horrible pink that we never got around to painting over until now. We initially used the room for an office and more recently it served as Brianna’s play room. Poor kid doesn’t have a playroom anymore but she’s making out… She got a new loft bed and we are getting the desk that fits under it too. When we got it at Ikea the desk was out of stock.
So far we have ordered the bedding to include the bumper, the fitted sheet, the comforter and the dust ruffle. That wasn’t enough…. We got the matching, diaper stacker, valance, the musical mobile, wall decorations, lamp, night light, coat rack and his name spelled out in letters on matching turtles to hang on the wall too. We also have a froggy humidifier that is so damn cute and a closet full of clothes, bibs, onesies, books, formula, diapers and soooo much more. I can’t wait until my mom decides to go an purchase the crib and changing table/dresser so we can finish setting up the room.
Slowly things are coming together…. I can’t wait to see what it looks like all finished. I’ll post a couple of pictures and when I figure out how to get a link to flicker feel free to browse the rest!! Remember these are before pictures!!! More to come later….


2 Comments:
OH! It's so exciting to get the room together! How much fun!
oooh the turtles are so cute :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home