All's well that ends well.....

Of course she wanted me to drop what I was doing and rush to Bryn Mawr Hospital in the middle of rush hour traffic. So….. I went home took a shower…. SHAVED… and waited for Melissa to get home.
When we got to the hospital we were lost in the maze of hallways and actually visited the Maternity floor (looked very nice and inviting). We then were told that we were on the wrong floor and that we wanted to be downstairs on the Labor/Delivery/Recovery Unit. When we were let in I was less then impressed with the sterile white walls and floors and searing bright lights. We were escorted to a room by our Nurse (who was WONDERFUL) and hooked up to the monitors. Jamesen sounded great, my blood pressure was perfect and we were told that there was no protein in my urine. The Midwife was not my favorite and didn’t spend more then 3 minutes with us.
Jamesen HATED the monitor and proceeded to kick the hell out of it. Every time he did that the sound would make me jump…. Then we would crack up and he would move from the monitor’s scope. I would have to move the sensor strapped to my belly to hear him again. This continued and I gave up.
All in all it was a good visit and I’m just happy that everything is all well. At least we know where the hell we have to go incase of an emergency…… although there won’t be an emergency…. I am going to have a natural, normal healthy and safe pregnancy and a quiet, easy and Peaceful birthing time…… (thanks Hypnobabies)!


1 Comments:
I'm so glad that all is well for you and there doesn't seem to be any problems. I know what you mean about getting more info than you wanted. I'm a nurse and boy do I miss being ignorant sometimes. It truly can be bliss.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home