Midwife appointment update.....
Today I went to The Birth Center for my 28 week appointment (actually 27 weeks and 4 days) and to have my Glucose Challenge Test. I feel pretty lucky because I didn't have to drink the ca-ca glucose solution I've heard so many horrible things about.... Nope, just 16oz. of OJ! I had my blood drawn and will have the results by Friday! No news is good news.. A phone call will mean I have to do the 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test.. Let's hope for the best.
Some Stats:
Weight: Too freakin much!!
Blood Pressure: 114/70
Protein in Urine: -
Glucose in Urine: -
Fundal Height: 29 cm
Fetal (baby) Orientation: HEAD DOWN
Baby's heartrate: 144
I was excited when she said that he's already head down.... I know he will probably move in the upcoming weeks but maybe not! When she was feeling around I felt a pretty intense pain in my lower abdomen and she announced that I was having a contraction (pressure wave). WOW! I wish I was prepared for that one....
We have more paperwork to fill out: Birth Certificate Form, Map to the house and Hospital Registration form (just in case). My next appointment is in two weeks and every two weeks from now until about 36 weeks. The every week for me!!
I'm excited to go to the sibling class with Brianna, the breast feeding class and the supplemental birth preparation class all coming up sooooo soon.
If I haven't said it already we are going on Saturday to have the 3D/4D Ultrasound. We are soooooo excited!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home