And Baby Makes Four.......

My name is Lauren and my wife's name is Melissa. We have an 8 year-old daughter Brianna and one on the way. Yes I'm pregnant!! This page is mostly to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy and then birth and life of the new baby but if there are any others that happen to stumble across this, WELCOME!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Midwife appointment update.....

I had another midwife appointment again yesterday (5/10/07). I met with Maria for the first time. She seems really nice.

The Stats:

Weight: gained 4 lbs. (in two weeks)
Fundal Height: 31 cm
Blood pressure: 118/60
Urine (protein): trace - +1
Urine (Glucose): normal
Jamesen's HB: 140-150 (he just wouldn't stay still long enough to get an accurate reading)

I found out that the results from my Glucose Challenge Test were 93... That's pretty darn good!!

She also told me that there's a good chance that I will only be able to get 2 weeks before my due date and 6 weeks after delivery off for short term disability.... I cried... most of the afternoon. I makes me so sad to think that I will have to leave my sweet little baby after just 6 short weeks... I don't know what I'm going to do because I don't qualify for Family Leave Act because I haven't been there for a year. Actually by the time I go back I should be eligible so I'm thinking about going back for a week and taking the additional 6 weeks or so off.... We'll see what we can afford.

Other than gaining about 55 lbs. so far and the extreme swelling from my toes to my arms and fingers..... everything is going soooo well!! I can't wait until he's here!! Only 10 more weeks to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home